Monday, December 13, 2010

Wrap Your Christmas Cookies in a Warm Fleece Blankie!

You'd think one of these days, I'd think of a completely original idea, but for now, I rely on all the talent out there to inspire me! lol In looking around for cookie packaging ideas, I found this cute idea on the Better Homes and Gardens site. As usual, it's not a duplicate, but it's my interpretation of what they did. I chose to use fleece instead of felt and make mine more rustic and cabin-y looking. I found these super cute **mini** brown and red ornaments at Joannes and knew they would be perfect so I purchased everything else around these ornaments. I found a perfect shade of red fleece in the remnant basket at Joannes (score!) and decided on some thick brown yarn for accent. 
I wrapped the cookies in a stack with red cellophane and made a mental note for next time to put them in a sturdy cylinder next time to prevent it from looking lumpy. Then, I cut a piece of the fleece just big enough to overlap a little to stay closed and long enough to tie the ends.  I used strips of the fleece to tie the ends like I saw on the BH&G one, but when I tried wrapping it in the yarn, it looked odd. So, I ended up just adding the yarn to the ends and separating out the pieces to make it more fringy. 
The tags were done using some red and brown card stock and a corner rounder. I attached the pieces together with 3 in 1 glue and used the Tim Holz distress ink on the edges. I glued down a ribbon and stuck on a clear epoxy Merry Christmas sticker. For the circle, I used the scallop Martha Stewart punch on a piece of brown glitter card stock and attached a red gem. I put the circle on with a foam pop up. The ornament was tied on with the tag and it dangled next to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment