Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Cookie Box

A couple of friends and I did a Thanksgiving cookie exchange and I thought it was a perfect excuse to do something crafty! ;o) After seeing so many ideas online and in magazines, I decided on doing a box. I got a simple cardboard box and added some pretty Thanksgiving paper to the sides and top to create a nicer background. I found this gorgeous brown glitter paper that screamed fall leaves to me. So, I layered it behind some red card stock that I had punched out leaves in. It was a perfect contrast. I had always wanted to try making paper medallions, so after some failed attempts, I finally succeeded in creating these. (This is a great tutorial ---> Video) I added a Thanksgiving sticker to the middle and attached it to the side. I finished it up with a rich, brown ribbon I tied into a bow on the top. And what did I do with all the pretty red leaves that were left over from the punches? I sprinkled them inside on top of the natural paper shred like confetti. Oh yeah, and I put the wrapped up cookies inside too. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment