Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little Embellishing Project

A friend of mine saw the birthday vase I did for my daughter's 1st birthday party (Nursery Rhyme Party) and wanted to make one for her daughter's 13th birthday. She brought it over after she had put it together and asked me to make it better, lol. She said it still needed something and she didn't know what. So after playing around for a bit, I decided on doing a little embellishment around the vase.
I beaded some purple beads on thin gauge wire and twisted around the vase. I put some purple paper on a chip board heart and distressed the edges a bit, finishing with a rhinestone. I punched out a scalloped circle, put on a double stick letter A (for Adrianna) and added black glitter. For the third element, I attached a glittery black flower to another scalloped circle and put a rhinestone in the middle. I attached all 3 to the beaded center with additional thin gauge wire. I also added some of those same purple beads to short pieces of monofilament and attached them to the different wires at the top. They hung down and gave a lot of sparkle. I didn't get any pictures of that part, unfortunately. The birthday girl really enjoyed it and had a great party.

No comments:

Post a Comment