Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Go Dog Go Party for 2 year old

My 2 year old LOVES dogs. So I thought it would be the perfect theme for her birthday party. In order for it to be a "dog party", we first needed to transform all the kids into dogs! I made foam ears, felt tails and collars with each child's initials on their tag. We also painted their noses black.
The birthday girl modeling her dog costume
 For the activities, we all decorated hats since there is a running theme of party hats in the book. I covered a table with lots of stickers, markers, glue, feathers, pom poms, etc. and let them go to town. They had so much fun and I loved seeing how all the hats turned out!

We also played pin the tail on the dog. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I am very fortunate to have an artist for a mom! She painted the dog on a posterboard and to me, it looks like it is a page right out of the book!

check out her yellow tail ;o)
There was another handpainted board (done by my mom) that was made to look like a page from the book. We used it as our photo booth and had lots of silly hats for the kids to try on while posing in front of it.
A group shot in front of the board with the birthday banner above.
We hung streamers to look like a giant tree since the dog party takes place in a tree in the book.
I created a dog bakery with lots of doggy treats. We added some to real (new, unused) dog bowls and packaged others in ready to go packages. We had rawhides made from breadstick dough, chewies (red vines), bones made from sugar cookie dough, kibble (PB Captain Crunch), and biscuits (Nutterbutter cookies)

1 comment:

  1. hi! i just so happened to send out an invitation to my daughter's party that used an image from go, dog. go! she has requested a dog party. i was wanting to make dog ears and stumbled across your page! i hadn't thought to do the entire party off of the book but that's a great idea! it looks really cute and i'd love to make similar ears. would you mind sharing with me how you made them? thanks!

    ReplyDelete